Reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD), the GM serves as OHK’s principal officer and, in partnership with the BoD, is responsible for OHK’s success. The BoD delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the GM, along with the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the BoD. The GM reports to the BoD and its six Committees on a regular basis.
The GM’s primary duties and responsibilities are wide ranging and interesting. They include: ensuring legal compliance; managing the OHK Office and its staff; exercising financial planning and control; planning and implementing fund raising and sponsorship policies and strategies; ensuring the implementation of OHK’s 5-year Artistic Programme; developing policies and strategies for marketing, audience development, public relations and membership; anddeveloping policies and strategies for OHK’s education and outreach programme.
As part of these duties and responsibilities, the new GM will be particularly expected to:-
- Develop a positive revenue stream from government and non-government sources, andenhance/build OHK’s relations with existing and prospective donors and sponsors;
- Review OHK’s membership structure and undertake a membership drive;
- Review the management of OHK’s music centres, including the recently opened Atelier Lyrique, to ensure that they operate on a cost-effective and commercially viable basis.
- Experience of organisational management in a leadership role.
- Experience of managing human resources.
- Experience of developing staff management and financial reporting systems
- Knowledge of and experience in performing arts administration
- Experience in fund raising.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
Applicants should submit their CVs together with a covering letter not later than 22 March 2018 to Opera Hong Kong Ltd, Room 1907, Pacific Plaza, 410 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong (Mark ‘Confidential’ on envelop), or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strictest confidence and handled confidentially by authorized personnel for recruitment-related purposes.
The Internship is a unique opportunity for those who are interested in developing a career in the performing arts field. We welcome fresh graduates and current university students who are passionate about opera and wish to pursue a career in arts administration to apply. Interns will be able to work closely with our staff and gain practical and theoretical training.
- Gain practical experience by working through on-going projects
- Research on topics that will contribute to the development of Opera Hong Kong
- Assist in project planning and promotion and administrative work
- Be a part of the team at our events
You need to:
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Have good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Be able to handle computer operations, including MS Office, Chinese word-processing and video editing
- Manage social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook and Website
Interested parties please send your CV to Opera Hong Kong Ltd, Room 1907, Pacific Plaza, 410 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong (Mark ‘Confidential’ on envelop), or Email: email@example.com
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.